SHOP ONLINE OUR EXTRA VIRGIN COLD PRESSED OLIVE OIL
The commercial denominations of oil are strictly codified by the EU directive 136/6623/CEE. European Commission Rules CE 2568/91 and CE 1989/03 identify the following olive oil types:
1) Obtained from the cold-pressed result of the first mechanical olive pressing
- Extra virgin olive oil: contains no more than 0.8% acidity - Virgin olive oil: an acidity up to 2%
2) Lampante oil and its by-products
- Lampante* virgin olive oil: obtained by a mechanical pressing, is characterized by a high acidity level or high organoleptic defects (strong tastes).
- Refined olive oil*: produced in the result of chemical treatment of the lampante oil in order to neutralize the acid content; does not have the typical olive oil aroma and is completely tasteless.
Olive oil: is a blend of virgin oil and refined oil, containing no more than 1% acidity (generally with a small percentage of virgin oil)
3) Pomace oil and its by-products
- Crude olive-pomace oil*: extracted from the pomace using chemical solvents
- Refined olive-pomace oil*: the oil obtained from crude olive-pomace oil by refining methods Olive-pomace oil: is a blend of refined pomace olive oil and possibly some virgin oil.